mercredi 9 mai 2012

OpenPhotoVR

A software I tried is called OpenPhotoVR, it is not manual at all but at least, it let me create quite simply a virtual tour.

How does it work?


OpenPhotoVR is a web tool that will store your images and allow you to display the thumbnail in a  pseudo 3D view. 

The idea behind the tool is to create links behind photographs and allow to transition between them with a 3D transition. You can find many examples here: http://www.openphotovr.org.

A simple example

To see the example, you can go here: http://openphotovr.org/view.html#FKuk4SNR

Let me describe how I made the example:

First, I made a test with the tool by taking some photographs of my house: 





The photographs are bad but it was raining the day I made the test, so you will see my hall :-).


  1. Now, that I have made the photographs, I can go on www.openphotovr.org and I will create the album. 
  2. Click on "Create new album"
  3. Click on "Upload new photo" and select the image you want to upload
  4. Now that you have uploaded all your photos, you can start to add the links between them. You could as well perform the step between each upload. Basically, a link specifies where the "child" image is located compared to the "parent" image.
  5. 4 points should appear, they allow you to place the child image compared to its parent. You can move as well the child image. When you are happy with the position, click on "Save".

  6. Reiterate the steps 4-5 until you have added all the links
The tool is very easy to use. It took less than 15 minutes to learn it and use it.

Aucun commentaire:

Enregistrer un commentaire